|Apply for a IG Account|
|Losses can exceed deposits|
A Look at IG…Through their award winning platform, PureDeal, IG Index provides investors with a combination of reliability, quick execution and security.
The PureDeal platform offers over 8,000 markets including stock market indices, forex, UK and international shares, commodities, sectors, treasuries, house prices and custom spread bets.
Investors can trade a number of the more popular markets such as the FTSE 100, EUR/USD and gold markets 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- IG Index Platform
- IG Index – Number 1 Spread Betting Company
- IG Index Award Winning Service
- IG Index Account
- IG Index Markets
- IG Index Trading Charts
- IG Index Mobile
- IG Index iPad
- About IG Index
- User Q&A on IG
IG Index PlatformThe IG Index PureDeal trading platform offers investors a wide range of trading tools including:
- DealThru – where you can trade directly from IG Index’s charts
- Market Research – IG Index provide clients with an array of research and analytical studies which includes an independent technical analysis service
- Reuters News – Live news from the leading news agency
IG Index – Number One Spread Betting CompanyThe 2010 Investment Trends survey showed that almost 60% of active financial spread bettors in the UK have an account with IG Index. These results confirmed that IG Index is the most popular financial spread betting company in the UK.
The Investment Trends survey also showed that IG Index is the most popular retail forex provider in the UK.
IG Index AccountA quick review of the typical account / services offered by IG Index:
|Stop Loss Available|
|Automatic Stop Loss|
|FCA Authorised and Regulated|
Also see Comparison Table Notes.
IG Index MarketsA quick review of the markets offered by IG Index:
|FTSE 100 Daily|
|Dow Jones (Wall Street) Daily|
|More Stock Market Indices|
|More Forex Markets|
|Crude Oil Future|
|Bonds and Interest Rates|
Also see Comparison Table Notes.
For more details also see IG Index markets.
IG Index Trading ChartsThe real-time IG Index trading charts can help with both basic and advanced technical analysis.
- DealThru – The IG Index DealThru technology lets investors deal directly from the charts. DealThru lets investors “drag ‘n drop” opening/closing orders onto the charts. Orders are shown as lines on the spread betting charts and are activated when breached
- Autochartist – IG Index offers clients the professional level Autochartist pattern recognition tool. Autochartist monitors the financial markets and can alert you when the market patterns suggest potential dealing opportunities
- Mobile Charts – Investors can also access live charts through the various IG Index mobile apps
IG Index MobileIG Index’s PureDeal platform is available on a range of smart phones like the iPhone and BlackBerry. IG Index mobile apps are also available for phones that use Android and Windows Phone 7.
This means that investors can open/close spread bets, set trading orders, review the latest charts etc from their phone.
IG Index iPadTrading is also available via the iPad. The IG Index iPad spread betting app lets investors:
- Open/close spread bets
- Review the live prices
- Access charts
- Add and update trading orders
- Monitor their P&L
- Customise the platform layout
Why IG Index?You get all the normal benefits of spread betting and more, they say:
“IG Index is the UK’s leading financial spread betting company. We offer prices on a huge range of indices, currencies, commodities and options, as well as thousands of individual shares.
“Financial spread betting has grown exponentially in the last decade because it offers traders and investors a unique combination of flexibility, speed of execution and tax-free* profits”.
Financial spread betting carries a high level of risk. You can lose more than your initial investment or stake. Financial spread betting may not be suitable for all investors. Only trade with money that you can afford to lose. Make sure you fully understand the risk involved. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.
For more, see an alternative review on CleanFinancial.
About IG Index / IG Index History
- IG Index, the original IG Group company, was founded in 1974. It was the first financial spread betting company in the UK
- The group expanded rapidly in the 1990s with the introduction of FX dealing, Contracts for Differences (CFDs) and sports spread betting
- In 2000 IG Group was floated on the LSE
- In 2003 IG’s founder, Stewart Wheeler, sold his remaining interest in IG. That saw a management buyout backed by CVC Capital Partners. IG expanded its product range and scope of operations through the introduction of binary betting and the establishment of a rapidly growing business in Australia
- In May 2005, IG Group Holdings plc was floated on the main list of the London Stock Exchange and was soon promoted to the FTSE 250
- By May 2007, IG Group had “tens of thousands of clients” worldwide making around 900,000 transactions a month, over 90% of them online. Turnover was £122m and pre-tax profits were £69m
- Today, IG Index is the world’s leading financial spread betting company. Clients can spread bet on over 7,000 shares listed on stock markets worldwide, as well as stock indices, forex, commodities and treasuries.
- IG Index is part of IG Group (IGG.L), which employs in excess of 900 people and has offices in 14 countries worldwide. IG Group helps more than 117,000 clients execute over two million transactions per month. IG Group has a market capitalisation of approx £1.7bn.
Contact IGPhone: 0800 195 3100
Address: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London, EC4R 2YA
|Apply for a IG Account|
Spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products and can result in losses that exceed deposits. The value of shares, ETFs and ETCs bought through a share dealing account, a stocks and shares ISA or a SIPP can fall as well as rise, which could mean getting back less than you originally put in. Please ensure you fully understand the risks and take care to manage your exposure.
Both IG Markets Ltd (Register number 195355) and IG Index Ltd (Register number 114059) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IG Index Award Winning Service
- 2010 MoneyAM Online Finance Awards: Best Spread Betting Service, Best Online Charts & Best Overall Online Provider
- 2010 Financial Times/Investors Chronicle Awards: Best Spread Betting Company (third award in four years)
- 2010 Trade2Win Members’ Choice Awards: Best Spread Betting Company
- What Investment Magazine: 2010 Spread Betting Provider of the Year
- 2010 Sunday Times’ App List: the IG Index iPhone application was described as ‘indispensable’ and was the only financial spread trading app to make the list
- 2009 MoneyAM Online Finance Awards: Best Online Provider & Best Online Product Innovation (won for the IG Index DealThru charts package)
Spread betting carries a high level of risk. You can lose more than your initial investment or stake. Spread betting may not be suitable for all investors. Only trade with money that you can afford to lose. Make sure you fully understand the risk involved. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.